Fitness for Work Assessments
Occupational Health services are concerned with both the effect of health on work, as well the effect of work on health.
Fitness for Work Assessments are therefore one of the most commonly sought after occupational health services.
One of the principal purposes of carrying out Fitness for Work Assessments is to try to achieve the best possible job-person fit. Other purposes include Compliance with Legislation, Infection Control ( including product safety in the food industry and patient safety in healthcare services), as well as to provide baseline data for subsequent health surveillance.
Fitness for Work Assessments include:
- Fitness to Drive (DVLA Medicals)
- Fitness for Heavy Machinery Operation
- Fitness for Professional Divers
- Fitness for Work as Food Handler
- Fitness for Professional Air Travel
- Fitness for Work in Healthcare
- Fitness For Work with Children
- Fitness for Work in Confined Spaces
- Fitness for Seafaring
- Fitness for Safety Critical Work
- Generic Fitness for Work
Central Occupational Health can carry out tailored fitness for work medicals and pre-placement assessments for any job or employee population. We take into account numerous factors including, detailed job scope and duties, workplace hazards, relevant current guidelines and legislation.
To find out more about our Fitness for Work Assessment, or to discuss occupational health, please contact us.