Our sports massage help to work your muscles, tendons and ligaments. This improves their strength and flexibility whilst also helping to relieve pain, reduce stress and aid sleep. If you’re looking for sports massage clinics near Nottingham or Derby, we can offer effective treatment in either 30 or 60 minute sessions, depending on your needs.
What Can Sports Massage Treat?
Sports massage works by treating pain and preventing future strains and pulls. It’s used by all kinds of people for problems like:
- pain and spasms from muscle overuse – overusing muscles with training or poor posture can cause scar tissue, muscle spasms and irritation of nerves. Sports massage can help reduce the pain caused by these problems.
- pain from muscle weaknesses or injuries – sports massage can encourage circulation and kick-start the healing process in muscles. It can correct the formation of new muscle fibres so you regain maximum strength.
- pain from tight muscles – lack of stretching or mobility can cause chronic muscle pain. Sports massage can stretch out individual muscle fibres to reduce the tension and pain.
- general wellbeing – research shows sports massage can improve blood circulation and lymph flow, reduce muscle tension, relieve pain, increase flexibility, reduce blood pressure and help you feel more relaxed.
Who Should Have A Sports Massage?
A sports massage can bring benefits to anyone suffering from short-term or long-term muscular aches and pains. It can be used to compliment physiotherapy and osteopathy, or can be used on its own. The groups most likely to suffer with the kind of problems sports massage can treat are manual labourers, gardeners and people who work at a desk. It is also beneficial for people suffering from stress.
Sports massage is particularly helpful for athletes and sports people. This is because exercise breaks down muscle tissues, whilst sports massage ensures it is rebuilt for maximum strength and flexibility. The massaging action stretches out the muscle tissue, allowing the body to rebuild it in the best way possible. Because of this, sports massage can benefit gym-goers, football players, horse riders and more as it:
- helps keep your training on track
- prevents injury and pain
- maximises performance
- aids recovery and reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
We also offer lymphatic drainage massage, which works to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system. This can boost the immune system and is particularly useful for people who are prone to viral or contagious diseases. Lymphatic drainage massage can boost feelings of health and improve the appearance of skin.
To book a Sports Massage, please contact us here